*** NEW ***
Rogers Enterprises Ltd (REL) is a full service provider of health and safety consulting, training, and project management services. We are expanding our services throughout Newfoundland and Labrador and have immediate openings for the following position:
OHS Consultant / Hygiene Technician
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of OH&S management programs to REL Clients.
- Conducting OH&S audits, inspections and assessments at client facilities for compliance with provincial OHS legislation and NLCSA COR (Certificate of Recognition).
- Performing the duties of Site/Project OH&S Advisor on client projects;
- Identification and evaluation of potential chemical, physical and biological hazards in the workplace.
- Prepare sampling equipment for site assessments (pre and post calibration/ sample media preparation)
- Plan and conduct area and personal monitoring (air samples, swabs, bulk sampling, etc.) for hazards in the workplace during routine operations and maintenance activities.
- Collect detailed description of worksite activities / process flow relevant to site assessment.
- Complete detail Chain of Custody forms for lab analysis.
- Prepare written reports detailing purpose of site assessment, sampling strategy/methodology followed, sampling results with observations and findings.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Diploma in Safety Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years Industrial Hygiene related work experience.
- Offshore experience with current BST (Basic Survival Training) would be an asset.
- Ability to both work independently and in a group/team environment
- Highly motivated, results oriented and possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Able to work outside normal work hours including evenings and weekends
- Valid Driver’s license with a good driving record
- Successfully pass a criminal background check