Marine Advanced First Aid
Designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to apply immediate First Aid in the event of accident or illness on board a vessel.
Participants will gain knowledge of Marine First Aid equipment, and the transferring of patients from a ship.
All aspects of the course is focused in a marine setting.
Course meeting the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008E.
Course Duration: 5 days
Who should attend?
Any person designated to provide first aid on board a vessel engaged on a near coastal voyage, class 1 or unlimited voyage.
Participants who want to obtain a master of officer certificate endorsement.
Upcoming Course Dates
- Marine Advanced 5 Day on March 9, 2020
- Marine Advanced 5 Day on March 23, 2020
- Marine Advanced 5 Day on April 13, 2020
- Marine Advanced 5 Day on April 27, 2020
- Marine Advanced 5 Day on May 11, 2020
- Marine Advanced 5 Day on May 25, 2020
- Marine Advanced 5 Day on June 8, 2020
- Marine Advanced 5 Day on June 22, 2020
||Acute and Chronic Illnesses|
|∗||Airway Management and Respiratory Emergencies|
|∗||Anatomy and Physiology|
|∗||Chest, Abdominal and Pelvic Injuries|
|∗||Head and Spinal Injuries|
|∗||Hemorrhage and Soft Tissue Trama|
|∗||Infection Prevention and Control|
|∗||Pregnancy, Labour and Delivery
|∗||Reaching, Lifting and Extricating Patients|
|∗||Responding to the Call|
|∗||The Professional Responder|