Power Line Hazards Training Summary
Course Duration: ½ day
Who Should Attend?
This training program has been designed to address the safety concerns associated with working near power lines by recognizing hazards and putting controls in place to prevent injury to people and property damage. This training program is a legal requirement for operators of boom trucks, mobile cranes, and other similar equipment and anyone working in close proximity to power lines.
REL ‘s training program and instructors are WorkplaceNL Approved and Certified.
Curriculum Topics include:
- Employers’ and workers’ rights and responsibilities
- Discuss need for training
- Recognize power line structures
- Distinguish between conductors and insulators
- Identify the characteristics of electricity, how it travels and its effects
- Know what to do in the case of contact
- Apply relevant sections of legislation